Not only have I felt like we have been going non stop this summer, we have had record breaking heat in Texas on top of it all. 50 days + of over 100 degrees,. Yes, that's HOT folks. All in all, summer has been fun, but busy. Instead of doing individual post, I will just give you a list of the last 6 weeks. Enjoy!
1.) After the June trip home for the wedding, the wreak and all, we bought a house in Austin. ( Post to come soon with pictures)
2.) We signed papers on July 1 and then went to Crystal Beach for a long weekend with some great friends.
3.) Then we fixed the wreaked truck.
4.) I then flew home to Little Rock for my Dad, he had major spinal surgery. Yes, he is starting to feel better.
5.) We had a backyard BBQ at our new house to welcome all of our new friends we have made here. It was a great turn out and we had a blast.
6.) We traded in the wreaked but fixed truck due to transmission difficulties. We got a 2009 Accord, its very nice, we are just attached to the Pilot. We had many fun road trips in that truck. She is missed.
7.) We all went back to Little Rock to see Dad, Mom and Stacey. Dustin had to drive Dad's truck back , 8 hours, without a radio, stereo, etc.. I'm sure that was hard, but not as hard as dealing with Ms. A-Million questions the whole drive there.
8.) Back to Austin in the same weekend! Boo, that was a long drive there and back. But we brought Chica home. She was missed too.
9.) Dustin celebrated his 31st birthday and we went out to dinner. Was nice to enjoy each other without taking someone to the bathroom or telling someone to sit down. We did miss the Austin bats though. We drove downtown and walked to the Congress bridge only to have missed the bats by maybe 3 mins. We definitely smelled them, but they had already come out for the night.
10.) Kindergarten is fast approaching. I planned to have a fun summer enjoying Sam. This being his last summer as a little kid. I hope he has had fun with the trips to the park, pool and many play dates with friends.
Our summer Recap. I promise some more detailed blogs to come, like new house post and possibly first day of kindergarten We have 5 days until he starts! Were are the tissues?! This momma is going to need them.
No comments:
Post a Comment