Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Busy October

So October has been very busy for us and to say the least, I can't believe Halloween is this weekend. We went up to Wichita Falls to visit my sister the first weekend in October and enjoyed some fall activities. We went a a hayride with a real cowboy. Sofia really enjoyed getting to ride up front and steer the horses. We picked out pumpkins to paint and the kids got to make Halloween cookies with Stacey. We had a blast. Sofia is very focused on driving

Getting the feel for it

Sam listening to what the cowboy has to say and trying to steer them straight.


Carrying the heavy load



Picking out a pumpkin just her size




Stacey, Sofia and I





Jay, Dustin and Sam






The whole fam.
Then next weekend Gigi came to Austin for a visit. The kids enjoyed having Gigi here while I worked. Mom and I were able to have a nice morning and lunch without the kids though. Maybe the next visit I won't have to work so much.
Then we headed to Fayetteville the next Thursday. We made it to Durant,OK on Thursday then finished the drive on Friday morning. We meet up with Matt and Leon for lunch at the guys favorite lunch bucket. Then we headed by both of our old places of work to say hi. We then went to visit our favorite neighbors and had dinner. What a great feeling it was to sit in my friends living room chatting like it hadn't been three months since we have seen each other. I loved the fellowship and miss them so much. Sam got to stay with his best friend Austin over night for his first sleep over. Both boys were so excited.
We stayed in Bella Vista with Emily and Aaron and enjoyed catching up with them. On Saturday we went back down to Fayetteville, had breakfast from Rick's (Yummy) and visited with Liesl. We got to see her new house and chat for a while, then she watched the kids so we could go watch the game kids free. Thanks again Liesl, you are amazing! We then got to visit with Wendy and Brandt and the kids got to see their cousins, Grace and Carson.
Sunday we had lunch with Jon Carlisle before we both left town.
We had so much fun, but we were so busy. We were lucky enough to be in town the same time as some of our friends that moved away and also came back to Fayetteville for a visit or work. We are so blessed to have such a great amount of friends in Fayetteville. We love you all and to all of you that we didn't get to catch up with, maybe next time. I'm sure it won't be too long until we make the trek back up the Hill!







1 comment:

Audra said...

Right back at you about the fun visit! I love friends when the time picks back up right where you left off. Oh yeah, all the phone calls help too. :) Love you!