Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sam's Surgery


Sam had his second set of tubes put in and his adenoids removed on Thursday. Nanny came up to help keep Sofia because we had to be there at 6:45 for preop. When we got there, Sam was wearing his Spiderman pj's and his spider-man jacket. They even made him a name band that said Spiderman Sam.


As we arrived at the front desk the receptionist informed Spiderman (aka Samuel) that Batman(aka another little boy) had just been taken back for surgery so we can assume superheros apparently have inproper ear development. Sam just laughed.

Later that morning we did witness the Dark Knight leaving as Spiderman was waking from anesthesia. Lucky for Batman, because Spiderman was sure to spray his web rendering Batman useless. Samuel...I mean Spiderman, did however get one of the nurses with his spiderweb.

Sam was very loopy from goofy juice, see picture above. He was laughing in this crazy laugh Dustin and I have never heard before. Here is a little conversation clip from Samuel as the drugs took over:
Sam: "I spinning!"
Me: "You want to spin?"
Sam: "No, I'm spinning with the dogs." (All the while laughing this strange laugh.)
I took him to the bathroom before the surgery and he couldn't walk straight. It's funny to see him "Drunk". The surgery went well and Samuel seems to be doing just fine now. I hope these tubes last longer than the first ones. I know it's minor surgery but no parent likes to see their little one go through those kinds of things.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Funny! Glad Spiderman is doing well!

Alison said...

poor little guy having to have surgery AGAIN!
i hope he's doing much better and enjoyed his first buzz! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Sam had to have surgery again. I hope the tubes work. He looks so cute in the spiderman pjs. Klay and him would probally get along well.